Monday, November 12, 2012 12:00 AM
Margie Belinda Ballard of Danville, Ky., and Kevin Wesley Earp of Clayton exchanged wedding vows Sept. 22 in a 4 p.m. ceremony at Forest Hills Baptist Church in Wilson. The Rev. Carter Bearden officiated.
The bride is the daughter of Yvonne Smother of Danville and Ronald Ballard of Sebree, Ky. She is the granddaughter of the late Mr. and Mrs. Claude Campbell of Hopkinsville, Ky., and Kathern Ballard and the late J.B. Ballard of Oak Grove, Ky. She graduated from Kentucky School for the Deaf and attended Gallaudet University. She recently left her job at Farmers National Bank of Kentucky to move to N.C.
The groom is the son of Annie Lee Earp of Bailey and the late Charles Hubert Earp. He is the grandson of the late Mr. and Mrs. Paul L. Denton of Bailey and the late Mr. and Mrs. Nealie Earp of Bailey. He graduated from the Eastern North Carolina School for the Deaf, Gallaudet University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration, and East Carolina University with a Master’s Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling. He is statewide coordinator for deafness and communicative disorders for the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Counseling Services in Raleigh.
The bride was escorted by her brother, Ronald O’Daniel Ballard of Danville.
Matron of honor was Jennifer Hickey Welch of Maine.
Bridesmaids were Blythe Foster of Danville, daughter of the bride; Gina Kulick of Oxford, Ala.; and Sandy Childers of Stanford, Ky.
Best man was the groom’s brother, Charles Dewey Earp of Bailey.
Groomsmen were Brandon Charles Earp of Bailey, nephew of the groom; Robert Jerome Shealy of Wilson; and Matthew Adaelious Welch of Maine.
Register attendants were David Cornett of Miami and Jimmy Miller of Greensboro.
Program attendants were Andrea Shealy of Wilson and Carrie Hawley of Old Dock.
Wedding director was Linda Herron of Bailey.
Wedding music was provided by organist Clyde Patterson, lead vocalist Grant Stanley, vocalist Hilary Piner and accompanist Jennifer Bryant.
Photographers were Ronald Morrow and Sion Moss III. Videographer was David Cobb. Video support was Danny Howell.
Audio support was Rob Byrd.
Interpreters were Pam King, Stephanie Johnson and Lee Williamson.
The couple took a honeymoon trip to Cancun, Mexico. They reside in Clayton.
• June 9: A bridal shower was given by Carolyn Gulley, Amy Lange and Sandy Childers in Danville.
• June 12: A wedding shower was given by co-workers of Farmers National Bank in Danville.
• Aug. 4: A wedding shower was given by friends at the Deaf Ministry Center at Forest Hills Baptist Church in Wilson.
• Aug. 11: A wedding shower was given by Linda Lee Pagels, Linda Nelson, Michelle Daniels, Nikki Marmon, Abby Hawley and Kate Shealy at Ms. Pagels’ home in Raleigh.
• Aug. 22: A wedding shower was given by co-workers at Division of Vocational Rehabilitation Servcies — Employment Section in Raleigh.
• Aug. 26: A wedding shower was given by family and friends at the home of Linda Herron in Bailey.