Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing to The Wilson Times.
Beddingfield High athletic director Jody O’Neal announces the starting dates and times for fall sports tryouts next week. O’Neal also reminds that there will be a mandatory meeting for the all prospective student-athletes and their parents on Monday, Aug. 6, from 7-8 p.m. at the school.
The starting times for fall sports tryouts are as follows:
• Varsity and junior varsity football: Monday, July 30, 5-8 p.m.
• Boys soccer: Monday, July 30, 6-8 p.m.
• Varsity and J.V. volleyball, Monday, July 30, 8-10 a.m.
• Girls tennis: Monday, July 30, 10-11:30 a.m.
• Cross-country: Monday, Aug. 6, 6:30 p.m.
• Girls golf, Monday, Aug. 13, 4 p.m. (Wedgewood Public Golf Course)
CBA cross-county begins Aug. 8
Charles B. Aycock High cross-country coach Butch Bennett announces that practice will begin on Wednesday, Aug. 8, at the CBA track. All prospective candidates must have a completed physical, concussion forms and a parental permission form before being allowed to try out.