Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
The Wilson County Board of Education will consider placing a marker at Fike High School honoring Coach Henry Trevathan and the members of the 1964-69 football teams at its regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday.
Trevathan was head football coach at Fike from 1964 to 1969 and led three state 4-A championship teams, two conference championship teams, led the only perfect season in school history and led the first program in state history to win three consecutive state 4-A titles.
Trevathan was the 1992 winner of the North Carolina High School Football Coaches Association Award, is a member of the Fike Athletic Hall of Fame and a member of the N.C. Sports Hall of Fame.
In other business, the board will:
• have a second reading on Policy 9000, Planning to Address Facility Needs;
• have a second reading on Policy 9200, Care and Maintenance of Facilities;
• consider replacement and relocation of the State 1-A Baseball Championship sign at Rock Ridge Elementary School;
• consider approval of school improvement plans;
• revise the 2018-2019 traditional calendar;
• have a second reading of Policy 7920, Reduction in Force: Teachers and School Administrators;
• have a second reading of Policy 7921, Classified Personnel Reduction;
• consider personnel recommendations in closed session;
• have a first reading of Policy 3410, Testing and Assessment Program;
• hear information about retentions;
• hear a review of a Cyber Securuty Program;
• hear about the Wolfpack WORKS program.