WILSON’S LOCAL PRINT AND DIGITAL COMMUNITY INSTITUTION SINCE 1896

Farmers essential to American life

Posted 11/25/19

Re: “Socialism is already here — down on the farm,” by Gary Pearce, Thursday:

This writer needs to be happy he lives in a country where 2% of the population can feed and clothe the other …

Sign up to keep reading — IT'S FREE!

In an effort to improve our website and enhance our local coverage, WilsonTimes.com has switched to a membership model. Fill out the form below to create a free account. Once you're logged in, you can continue using the site as normal.

Farmers essential to American life

Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.

Posted

Re: “Socialism is already here — down on the farm,” by Gary Pearce, Thursday:

This writer needs to be happy he lives in a country where 2% of the population can feed and clothe the other 98% below the cost of production. Get your facts straight — 90 % of the U.S. Department of Agriculture budget goes to food stamps and if it weren’t for the market assistance checks, farmers could not survive. Then you could source your groceries from a third-world country. How safe is that?

Anyway I’m proud to be an American farmer and work every day for you below cost so you can have your opinion.

Jerome Vick

Wilson

The writer is member manager of Vick Family Farms.

Comments