Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
North Johnston High athletic director Nicole Davis announced the opening tryout dates for the school’s fall sports teams. She reminds that all prospective athletes must be enrolled at North Johnston, have a current physical exam on file and have the new 2018-19 concussion form in order to participate in tryouts.
The schedule for tryouts is as follows:
• Varsity and junior football, Monday, July 30, 6-9 p.m., football practice field
• Boys soccer, Monday, July 30, 8-10 a.m., soccer field
• Varsity, JV volleyball, Monday, July 30, 12:30-3 p.m., new gym
• Cheerleading, Monday, July 30, 8-10 a.m., old gym
• Girls golf, Monday, July 30, 8-10 a.m., Cardinal Country Club, Smithfield
• Girls tennis, Tuesday, July 31, 6-8 p.m., tennis courts
• Boys and girls cross-country, Wednesday, Aug. 1, 8-10 a.m., meet in gym hallway