Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing to The Wilson Times.
The Recovery Concepts Community Center at 2860 Ward Blvd., Suite C, is planning recovery, relationship, personal finance and mindfulness classes during the month of October.
Upcoming events at RC3 include:
• Health coaching — From 2-4 p.m. Monday, Oct. 23, a health coach will be on hand to meet with community members and provide positive support. Appointments of 20-30 minutes can be scheduled in advance.
• All-recovery meeting — A session for all who are seeking recovery, along with family members and friends affected by addiction and community members who support recovery, will be held from 6:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 24.
• Sustaining healthy relationships — Donna Pridgen from the Wesley Shelter will present “Nuts and Bolts of a Healthy Relationship,” sharing ways to obtain and sustain a healthy relationship with participants and their significant others, from 2-3 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25.
• Health screenings — Tests for HIV, hepatitis C, syphilis and diabetes will be offered from 10 a.m. to noon Thursday, Oct. 26.
• Open house — The Recovery Concepts Community Center will open its doors to allow community members to learn more about the center dedicated to helping individuals obtain, maintain and sustain recovery from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26.
• Banking basics — Participants in the “Learn the Banking Basics” class planned from 2-3 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26, will learn the value of a checking account, use tools to help save money and find out how to establish credit.
• Mindfulness — A mindfulness class allowing attendees to relax with yoga, foam rollers and stretching will be held from 11 a.m. to noon Friday, Oct. 27.
For more information or to schedule an appointment for events being held at RC3, call Gina Lane at 252-991-7267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.