Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
Quotes from Donald Trump:
• “How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!”
• “Written by a nice reporter. Now the poor guy. You ought to see this guy.”
Trump then mocks a reporter with a disability, contorting his face and jerking his body awkwardly.
• “I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down. I watched in Jersey City, where thousands and thousands of people were cheering...”
• “I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.”
• “You could see that there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her — wherever,” referring to Megyn Kelly following her debate moderation.
• “When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ’em by the p---y. You can do anything,” an off-camera boast captured on the “Access Hollywood” tape.
• Howard Stern: “By the way, your daughter...”
Trump: “She’s beautiful.”
Stern: “Can I say this? A piece of ass.”
• “I’m speaking with myself, No. 1, because I have a very good brain. My primary consultant is myself.”
• “You’ve got to give him (Kim Jong Un) credit. How many young guys — he was like 26 or 25 when his father died — take over these tough generals, and all of a sudden ... he goes in, he takes over, and he’s the boss. It’s incredible. He wiped out the uncle, he wiped out this one, that one. I mean, this guy doesn’t play games. And we can’t play games with him.”
• “Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish, the Second Amendment...and by the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know.”
Chances are you never heard any of these quotes on the Fox network. But they are all well-documented in a new book entitled “The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump,” a compilation of essays by 37 psychiatrists, psychologists and mental health counselors. The book also says Politico estimated that Trump told a lie every 3 minutes and 15 seconds.
I am not a frustrated Democrat. In fact, because of some of Hillary’s shenanigans and alarming ideas possessed by some 2020 Democratic presidential candidates, I am currently not a Democrat at all. But I find these experts’ assessments of Donald Trump’s instability quite frightening.
And it’s in light of that instability that I find this final quote, attributed to him twice in this book, particularly chilling. Referring to nuclear warheads, he has said “if we have them, why can’t we use them?”