Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
I support the re-election of Mayor Bruce Rose. He has demonstrated his leadership in areas of redevelopment.
Without his dedication and hard work, some of the following examples may not have been possible:
• Freeman Place project now complete with the 29 houses constructed and sold.
• The Flynn Christian Fellowship Home was renovated.
• The Cherry Hotel is being considered for redevelopment.
• U.S. Highway 301 improvements are underway.
• Goldsboro Street is being improved.
• BB&T is bringing new investment downtown.
• The Freeman Roundhouse Museum has a new building.
• The Whirligig Station apartment building has opened.
• Creation of our Vollis Simpson Whirligig Park.
I ask you to go vote and re-elect Mayor Bruce Rose. We need his continued support for development and economic growth.