Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
Now’s the time to purchase individual tickets for The Arts Council of Wilson’s professional performance series for 2020-21, Boykin Series 24. The series includes two performances that had to be rescheduled from Boykin Series 23.
The series includes the following:
• Pam Tillis on Saturday, Sept. 12, at 7:30 p.m. Pam Tillis is a country music singer and songwriter. Tickets are $45 for adults and $40 for seniors and students.
• Collage Dance Collective, Thursday, Oct. 29, at 7:30 p.m The ballet is rescheduled from last year.
Tickets are $25 for adults, seniors and students.
• Christmas with Elvis: Matt Lewis and Long Live the King Orchestra, Friday, Dec. 18, at 7:30 p.m. Enjoy holiday music and oldies rock. Tickets are $35 for adults and $30 for seniors and students.
• Gene Watson, Friday, Jan. 15, at 7:30 p.m. The country musician’s show is rescheduled from Boykin Series 23. Tickets are $42 for adults and $37 for seniors and students.
• ELEW, Friday, Feb. 12, at 7:30 p.m. The rock jazz show features Eric Lewis. Tickets are $35 for adults and $30 for seniors and students.
• Dancing Dream — ABBA tribute band, Saturday, March 27, at 7:30 p.m. The show features pop, pop rock, disco and ’70s music. Tickets are $35 for adults and $30 for seniors and students.
• Henry Cho, Thursday, April 8, at 7:30 p.m. Cho presents a family-friendly comedy show. Ticket are $35 for adults and $30 for seniors and students.
All events will be performed at the historic Edna Boykin Cultural Center, 108 Nash St. NE.
To purchase tickets for a single show, visit www.wilsonarts.com/boykinseries/ and follow the links to the eTix sales site or call the Arts Council of Wilson at 252-291-4329 to reserve and pay by phone.
You may also purchase tickets by visiting the box office at the Boykin Center during regular business hours. Season tickets for Boykin Series 24 will continue to be available until Sept. 11, although the same seats for all shows cannot be guaranteed.
Sponsors for Boykin Series 24 are Brewmasters, Bridgestone, First Media Radio, North Carolina Arts Council, Parker’s Barbecue, South Arts, Southern Bank, Wilson County, Wilson Energy and The Wilson Times.